Our Newest Addition

Horse-Drawn Roller

This 5 ton horse drawn roller was purchased by the Town of Hespeler in 1906 from Sawyer-Harris of Hamilton. It was used to MacAdamize (stone chips & tar) the Town’s streets. After all 14 miles had been completed and hot asphalt became the norm, it was converted to be pulled by tractor and used to roll the Town’s parks and ball diamonds. It last saw duty in 1972 just before amalgamation. It was abandoned in a cedar grove in the […]