Our Newest Addition
This 5 ton horse drawn roller was purchased by the Town of Hespeler in 1906 from Sawyer-Harris of Hamilton. It was used to MacAdamize (stone chips & tar) the Town’s streets. After all 14 miles had been completed and hot asphalt became the norm, it was converted to be pulled by tractor and used to roll the Town’s parks and ball diamonds. It last saw duty in 1972 just before amalgamation. It was abandoned in a cedar grove in the southwest corner of Victoria Park since 1973. We suggested to Cambridge Council to relocate it to the historic old Hespeler Town Hall. A plaque with its history will be attached with an unveiling ceremony to follow at a later date.